Saving Christmas with The Dallas Morning News


This morning I felt like an eager child, anxiously awaiting Christmas morning. I couldn't wait to get out of bed and see the paper!
I feet a little like Cindy Lou Who with that fabulous title!
Recently I have been very cryptic about "big things" I have been working on, and have all but disappeared from blogging. I had the amazing opportunity to work with Jamie Knodel, and Michael Ainsworth, of The Dallas Morning News on a Christmas decor story.
It was an awesome experience from beginning to end. Jamie came to our home to visit, and to see the projects I created for Christmas. She is a very gifted writer and one of the sweetest and most interesting people I have met in a long time. She is the kind of person you immediately feel comfortable with; I could sit and ask her questions about experiences in her life and career for hours. Michael came to photograph the house two days later. He is such a nice guy and so talented, with an exceptional eye for balance and detail. Wow! Let me just say, I had no appreciation for what it took to get a quality photograph in a newspaper or magazine before. The equipment, the lighting, the balance, and the skill level.
He was so kind and patient to the time to answer so many questions to this "point and shoot" girl!
Thank you to Jamie and to Michael for this wonderful experience!
Please go check out the story here.









Comments

Oh my goodness! Good for you! I would be over the moon if a local paper did a feature on my and my work. Congrats!
One Cheap B*tch said…
Good for you! Great article too! =)
Anonymous said…
Congratulations! I just found your blog and your work is absolutely gorgeous!! I'd love to see more pics of your beautiful home. You're very talented and creative!!


Robin in MD
Oh my word! How awesome is that to be in paper? You definitely need to be setting up a great design store. Hopefully, you already have an entire store or at least design service business brewing in your pretty little head! Congrats to you...

In case I don't see you before...Merry Christmas! I know this must be the most exciting one yet!

~Misti
Rhonda said…
How exciting! You deserve it!
Merry Christmas.
Rhonda
Congratulations!! This is wonderful and you SO deserve it!! Great article!!!

Merry Christmas!

Lou Cinda :)
Lisa said…
I discovered your blog through the DMN! Yeah you! Great article and the photos were heavenly. Congrats!
Congrats! What a great article and they got some great pictures in it as well!
Anonymous said…
congrats! how exciting! everything looks beautiful!
HouseMama said…
How exciting for you - congratulations!
Anonymous said…
It is always so much fun to hear of others getting published- How very fun!!

I do love those wings- they make me smile every time I see them!!

be blessed
mary
That is SO neat and exciting... congratulations!! It was a great article! :)
Amanda said…
WOW! LOVE your blog. I found you via the Nester. and I have sat her for over an hour looking at all your DIY projects! so inspiring! You have a beautiful home! and we're practically neighbors (well almost) I live 40 min outside of Houston,TX.
oh and love love those angel wings-amazing!
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Unknown said…
Nice article in the DMN today. Glad to see another Frisco blogger out there!
Anny said…
This is so great, you totally deserve it!
4Hoffman's said…
CONGRATS!! When I saw Anne's FB status about your article, I found it in my paper! SO COOL!!
Yeah for you - that is so awesome!
Moushka said…
Having spent almost an hour reading through your blog, I think you are one of the most talented women on the planet! Those wings are awesome but merely the culmination of an incredible, artistic sensibility that runs through all your work. If someone doesn't offer you a job soon (a tv show? a book contract? art director of a major department store?) then I despair for the imagination of the American entrepreneur. You've got Martha beat by a country mile.
Angie said…
How cool is that!?!? Congrats!
Anonymous said…
We miss you. Hope to see you on here again soon. Hope eveything is okay and things are only busy since the Dallas Morning News preview.

Cristine
Tiffany said…
I found your blog today & am a new follower, I have looked through a good chunk of most your posts, and I'm in awe of your work. Congrats on Dallas Morning News article, I'm a fellow Texan!

Tiffany, I blog over at
http://itsacowgirlthing.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts